Senior Technical Customer Champion
**This role is for someone living in Canada who wants to join our fast-growing engineering team but does not wish to relocate. We are looking to expand the Thinkific team beyond Vancouver to reach awesome candidates across Canada. Please only apply if you are legally able to work in Canada and are comfortable working remotely.**
Are you energized by helping your team succeed? Do you love diving deep to figure out technical issues and solve complex problems? Are you excited by technical troubleshooting and the power behind software? Do you love working directly with customers to solve their issues quickly and efficiently to create an unparalleled customer experience? You know that the best customer service involves solving problems fast — and that’s where you come in.
As a Senior Technical Customer Champion, you’ll be part of a team that lives between Thinkific’s customer-facing teams and the Product and Engineering teams for all things technical. The Customer Support, Customer Success, and Sales teams all funnel technical questions, complex problems and software bugs to you and your team to triage, investigate, and solve alongside our Software Engineers. You’ll contribute to building and developing a collaborative, passionate, and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
In this role, you will:
- Triage our Tier 2 queue, made up of technical questions and problems often related to our integrations, API, SSO, Themes, and software bugs
- Investigate, identify, and document software bugs by reviewing console logs, conducting cross browser and device testing, using SQL to query databases, checking our database logs, editing theme code (HTML/CSS), confirming custom domain setup, writing/running basic API scripts, and more!
- Create and document processes and policies for Tier 2 Support operations to help provide solutions and better equip our Tier 1 Support Team to handle common technical issues
- Translate technical challenges and investigation results into resources that both the internal Support team and customers can easily understand
- Be involved in the testing of new features as they are released and work closely with our Product team
- Liaise directly with Software Engineers on new bugs surfaced through customer reports after conducting initial testing on your own
- Communicate with both Plus customers and prospects as our Technical Software Expert to verify compatibility of system requirements with Thinkific, discussing possible solutions and implementation methods (including the external development costs done by third party experts)
- Review and answer external vendor and security assessments such as Requests For Proposals (RFPs) or Penetration Tests to satisfy system requirements of prospects and customers
- Share your technical experience by assisting the Technical Support Lead with training Junior Technical Customer Champions
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years experience in an online customer support role with a strong focus on technical investigation and resolution
- Be experienced in supporting customers through multiple channels, including by email and phone
- Demonstrate experience being able to investigate, identify, and document software bugs
- Have hands-on experience with Zendesk or a similar ticketing system
- Love helping people—you can’t help but to go above and beyond to support a customer!
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills—you can write a customer email, pick up the phone, or hop on a video call while expressing yourself clearly
- Be an independent problem solver—you can figure out how to solve a complex software problem, even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and be able to handle emergency situations on the fly
- Have a strong work ethic and do what it takes to get the job done
- Bring new perspectives and find creative and innovative solutions to tough problems
You might be the person we are looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Can work effectively across departments like Sales, Product, and Marketing and are comfortable collaborating with others
- Demonstrate past experience working with various integrations, APIs, and SSO
- Are comfortable answering technical questions and acting as a mentor to other team members
- Have been part of a large support team and are able to adapt quickly to changes
- Previously worked at a fast-growing SaaS company in a B2C role
- Have been involved in the testing of new features and working cross collaboratively with other technical teams
- Can translate technical challenges and solutions into easy to understand resources for various stakeholders
Bonus points if you:
- Know tools like Slack, Asana, Google Drive, and TextExpander like the back of your hand
- Are comfortable working with HTML/CSS
- Possess some experience with SQL and reading logs in SumoLogic
- Have experience driving customer feedback to other teams internally
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you’ll walk into an established system where you’re supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that’s trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!