At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants. As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation.
You are a strong people manager and technical leader with an ability to create structure while still comfortable getting your hands dirty as an individual contributor. You are experienced at running a lean organization with a keen eye towards the cost and performance tradeoffs. You epitomize servant leadership, doing everything necessary to make your team successful. A majority of our engineers work remotely. You are comfortable with working remotely and thrive in the balance it offers to pursue your personal passions.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this manager is paramount to the success of Reify’s mission. This role intersects people, process and technology at truly a global level while giving you the opportunity to advance in your career within a fast growing organization. Success in this role will measurably increase customer adoption by meeting SLAs and accelerating value capture.
Our culture values every voice. What binds us is our commitment to make a long-lasting impact on quality of life.
- Build and lead a team of SREs and DBAs
- Manage to key operational metrics for a rapidly expanding global footprint of interconnected AWS regions, such as: Uptime, RTO, RPO, Cost
- Accelerate the software development teams with automated deployments and the construction of a well oiled CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain a highly secure and impenetrable production environment designed to house the most critical patient data.
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be comfortable working in a startup environment producing necessary structure with little direction
- Must understand how to ruthlessly prioritize, knowing what to focus on despite the million asks
- Experience managing a team of 5+ SREs
- Experience managing a global AWS footprint
- Must be a strong communicator and knows what it takes to lead a team of remote engineers
- Strong development skills in any modern programming language.
- Knowledge of network architecture and internet security best practices
- Skilled at containerizing applications with Docker or similar technology
- Ability to create, manage, and deploy infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Ability to deploy, configure, and utilize monitoring and tracing services, such as New Relic and Datadog
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and system outages.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Skilled at implementing secure, public facing AWS Cloud based systems.
- Ability to configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, et al
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health / Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program.
- Company-provided Workstation You have the option of getting a brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation We are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders based out of the US. Thanks!