Security DevOps Engineer (HealthTech)
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CATITLE: DevOps Security EngineerREPORTS TO: VP, DevSecOps
As an integral part of the operations team, the DevOps Security Engineer is passionate about security and wants to have a meaningful impact within the Healthcare space. This individual will be part of a team charged with making sure TigerConnect is secure and stays at the top level of security and reliability in the industry. Join us and help manage/secure our AWS hosted infrastructure. Responsibilities will include hands-on security management, monitoring, discovery, and remediation of all security related issues while working cross functionally with other departments on company-wide initiatives and compliance.
The DevOps Security Engineer will have at least 5+ years of commercial experience as a Security Engineer (including at least 3 years of current commercial experience as a DevOps Engineer) with specific focus on public cloud infrastructure, multi-tenant enterprise software security, compliance programs (HIPAA/HiTrust/FedRamp), and supporting production 24x7 highly available infrastructure with a DevOps mindset.
The ideal candidate's background will include a strong emphasis on information security, infrastructure as code/automation, public cloud infrastructure, compliance, secure software development, and other security best practices.
What You'll Own:
- Contribute to the design and integration of cyber security toolsets to enable more automated discovery, remediation, and alerting of system vulnerabilities.
- Architect and integrate security tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Architect, manage, and remediate findings from security tools, pen test reports, and compliance requirements.
- Manage and maintain compliance and certifications (existing and new).
- Help select and manage relationships with security vendors and partners.
- Analyze and respond to production security notifications in a timely manner.
- Foster DevSecOps culture and advocate for a security-first mindset amongst Security, QA, Development, and DevOps teams.
- Deploying web and service-based applications in multiple instances of our PaaS.
- Continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve security and the products.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
- Work cross functionally with all departments to assist with security related issues as it relates to engineering, client care, and sales teams.
- Willingness to take ownership, troubleshoot hands-on, and be on-call for security issues in a 24/7 environment.
What You've Accomplished:
- Experience in monitoring and responding to security events
- Proven track record of creating secure cloud architectures for mission critical Internet-facing applications.
- Expertise implementing and maintaining compliance (HIPAA, HI-TRUST, FEDRAMP)
- Experience with build-time dependency management, unit testing and code-coverage tools, test automation techniques and tools.
- Experience and understanding of microservices architecture, design patterns, and secure software development methodologies.
- Experience building and managing infrastructure-as-code including automation/scripting tools and languages.
- Experience in DevOps culture and the ability to teach and profess is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at both the executive and working level.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Background in monitoring and securing cloud environments
- Linux and configuration management tools (Chef and Terraform)
- Strong public cloud experience (AWS)
- Security certifications are a plus (CCSP, CISSP, AWS Security)
- Security policy development, implementation and enforcement.
- Integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline
- SSL certificate and key management policies
- Scripting in either Python, Ruby, or Bash.